Dillingersville Tunnel . East Penn Railroad . Watercolor . 12" x 16"
... Locomotive #7554 is a former CONRAIL GP9 to 10 upgrade, owned by the East Penn Railroad and operating on the Perkiomen Shortline, previously owned and operated by the Reading Railroad between Pennsburg and the current Norfolk and Southern interlocking at Emmaus. The Dillingersville Train Tunnel was built 1874 through 1875. Interestingly... this, the east portal, isn't anywhere near as fancy of an ediface, as the cut block masonry that frames the west portal. As of 2013, this is now the last active rail tunnel in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.