James Mann Art Farm. Gallery of architectural rendering / illustration. Click a painting’s name below for a larger view of original art.
Watercolor… a proposal to create a new, outward facing, entrance facade for Meyerson Hall, fronting a 34th & Walnut Streets, Woodland Walk entry into the University of Pennsylvania campus. Architect is Marian Weiss.
Gouache… expansion of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania along 38th Street, between Locust Walk and Spruce Street. Architect is The Hillier Group.
Gouache… Multi-level parking garage with roof top tennis courts off the Walnut Street Bridge. Proposed development by the University of Pennsylvania on former Pennsylvania Railroad land between the Schuylkill River and the athletic facilities of the Palestra & Franklin Field. This area eventually became “Penn Park” in 2011. The multi-level parking garage was not built.
Watercolor & Gouache… River Fields, proposed development. Department of Facilities Planning, University of Pennsylvania. Mid 70’s expansion of Penn’s athletic fields below South Street. Aerial view looking over the west bank of the Schuylkill River and Schuylkill Expressway.
Watercolor… University of Pennsylvania… extending the 1977 LAMP vocabulary West, along Locust Walk, to envelop and cross 37th Street and on to the Class of 1949 Bridge over 38th Street.
Gouache… rendered proposal of interior renovations. Architect is Form Space Design.
Gouache… Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church. 102 North Hellertown Avenue, Quakertown, Pennsylvania.
Watercolor… Christ Church UCC. Allentown Road, Trumbauersville, Pa. Architect was Milton B. Bean.
Watercolor… Saint Matthew’s Lutheran Church, located on the Ridge Road, east of Keelersville, Bucks County .… and locally known as Keller’s Church, was founded in 1742. This building was erected in 1894… and the design, by architect Milton Bean of Lansdale, Pennsylvania… in my eye… is just fantastic!
Watercolor… Main Street, Pennsburg, Pennsylvania.
Watercolor… Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church. Main Street Lansdale. Plein air… November 1996.
Watercolor… 108-story building, built 1973, designed by Architects Skidmore, Owings and Merril. Now called Willis Tower.
Gouache…proposed exterior facade conversion of former Touro College building at 30 W 44th St, New York City, into a Penn Club for University of Pennsylvania alumni… 1991. Architect is Helpern Architects.
Watercolor… McKim, Mead & White designed the Wharton School’s Dietrich Hall in 1952. An infill and atrium was added by Warner Burns Toan & Lunde in 1983… including an old trading station from the New York Stock Exchange, preserved in the lower court.
Watercolor… Lauder-Fischer Hall at the University of Pennsylvania, was built onto a slope in 1990. This is an aerial view of the proposed upper level, courtyard landscape, with ADA compliant 2nd level entry. Architect is Davis Brody Assocs.
Gouache… label illustration for a gallon container label for a DuPont paint, formulated to withstand tropical weather conditions. (ADPRO)
Watercolor… The Cincinnati Union Terminal was designed by Alfred T. Fellheimer and Steward Wagner Architects with Paul Philippe Cret and Roland Wank as design consultants, as a cumulative terminal station for the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad; the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad; the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway; the Louisville and Nashville Railroad; the… Read more »