Keller's Mill Covered Bridge . Ephrata . Lancaster County . Watercolor . 12" x 16"
... the Keller's Mill Covered Bridge has had a hard life. Also known as Guy Bard's Covered bridge and the John W. Rettew's Mill Covered Bridge... this span was originally built by Elias McMellen in 1873 as a 74 footer, using a Double Burr Arch Truss design... and got washed away in 1891. It was recovered downstream, hauled back and again placed on it's piers, crossing the Cocalico Creek on Rettew's Road. Over the years, it got beat up pretty badly by increasingly heavier traffic and big trucks. In 2006 it was disassembled and stored until 2009, when it was reassembled and reopened in 2010, further downstream on the less traveled Middle Creek Road. Keller's, board and batten, covered bridge is the only white washed bridge in Lancaster County that has never been painted Barn Red... although it now has a metal roof.... for a 9" x 12" giclee print on 11" x 14" watercolor paper