Pen & Ink… the Benfield Mill, in South Perkasie (originally known as Bridgetown), was the last mill to grind flour in the Bucks-Montgomery-Lehigh region. Original water rights to the mill were granted to Benjamin Rosenberger in 1796. A succession of owners preceded the purchase of the mill in 1919, by Claude Benfield. Waterpower was eventually replaced by the installation of a steam engine, continuing into the late 1960’s, with a final conversion to a large capacity electric motor to drive the grinding apparatus. In 1982, the structure was converted into residential apartments.
Size of Painting: 14" x 17"