Watercolor… a 54-foot tall, wooden, hexagonal light tower was erected and lit at the widest point of the St. Lawrence River… 75 miles across… on the northern coast of the Gaspe Peninsula in 1871. This beacon stood, along with several ancillary structures, including a keeper’s quarters until 1908, when it was replaced by the current cylindrical, concrete tower. The light in this new 55-foot tall monolith, stands just shy of 145-feet above sea level. The original light keeper’s house was replaced by the present two story structure, an assistant’s building and smaller support sheds in 1956. The facility was deactivated in 2000. Presently the site contains a tourist center, a museum, a restaurant and a research facility.
Size of Painting: 9" x 12" ... a giclee print is 9x12" on 11x14" paper.
A Giclee Print Is Available Of This Painting: