Watercolor… Cap des Rosiers Lighthouse was built on the rounded, northeast corner of the Gaspe Peninsula and entered service in 1858. It consisted of a large, duplex keeper’s house, attached by a short, enclosed hallway to a 112 foot tower, fitted with a 1st order Fresnel lens. The big keeper’s house was torn down and replaced in 1956. The Cap des Rosiers Lighthouse, the tallest in Canada, was designed by Charles Francois-Xavier Baby, who at the time was also managing construction of a lighthouse across the Gulf of Lawrence at West Point on Anticosti Island, which no longer exists… and the Point Amour lighthouse on the coast of Labrador… which does survive. Though the Cap des Rosiers Light has both Canadian Federal and National designated historic status… maintenance and preservation efforts are not currently funded or performed. The tower and ancillary buildings are illustrated as they appear in October of 2016.
Size of Painting: 9" x 12" ... a giclee print is 9x12" on 11x14" paper.
A Giclee Print Is Available Of This Painting: