Watercolor… Cockspur Lighthouse is located offshore of Cockspur Island in Chatham County, Georgia, on the south channel inlet of the Savannah River, adjacent to Fort Pulaski. A first tower was erected in 1839 and illuminated in 1848. Following extensive hurricane damage in 1854, a new structure… the present day light tower… was constructed in 1855. Currently the light sits on low, wet, land within an elongated, horseshoe shaped breakwater and experiences a tidal flow that often covers the breakwater and rises to lap at the foot of the exterior stairway. The light was extinguished in 1909 and no longer active. Cockspur Lighthouse is presently managed by the National Park Service and is closed to the public
Size of Painting: 9" x 12" ... a giclee print is 9x12" on 11x14" paper.
A Giclee Print Is Available Of This Painting: