Pen & Ink… five generations of the Durner family built, world renowned church and parlor organs and pianos, before locating the Charles F. Durner Organ Factory to the southwest corner of Front and Juniper Streets in Quakertown, Pennsylvania, around 1860. A Durner pipe organ won the highest honor at the 1876 Centennial Exhibition in Philadelphia. The Durner Organ Works factory no longer exists, although old Durner organs continue to speak throughout the world to this day. The building still stands at 44 Front Street and as been converted into retail space.
Size of Painting: 14" x 17"