Watercolor… The 56-foot long Erwinna Covered Bridge was built in the 1850s across Lodi Creek, on the Bucks County tract of Colonel Arthur Erwin, who had purchased 1,568 acres of good Pennsylvania land at public sale in 1769. This covered bridge, on Geigel Hill Road, has taken a few hard hits over the last half century from oversize trucks that required some serious reconstructive remediation. The retaining wing wall, extending from the abutment on this side, appears to have been lengthened, repaired and patched multiple times. Clearly, the Lodi Creek isn’t always a babbling brook and can get mighty high, fast and rambunctious. But as of 2021… the Bucks County owned, Erwinna Bridge, all looks to be in pretty good shape.
Size of Painting: 9" x 12" ... a giclee print is 9x12" on 11x14" paper.
A Giclee Print Is Available Of This Painting: