Watercolor… the original Fairport Lighthouse on Lake Erie, known as the Grandon Light, was built in 1825 on Lake Erie at the terminus of the Grand River in Ohio. By 1869 the structure had deteriorated so badly that it had to be removed and replaced… and in 1871 the current 68-foot stone tower was constructed and lit with the 3rd order Fresnel lens salvaged from the first tower. The tower and keeper’s house were rendered obsolete with the construction and opening of a new lighthouse located at the tip of the Fairport Harbor Breakwater in 1925. The Fairport Harbor Historical Society acquired the abandoned facilities and opened the tower and keeper’s house as a museum in 1945.
Size of Painting: 9" x 12" ... a giclee print is 9x12" on 11x14" paper.
A Giclee Print Is Available Of This Painting: