Pen & Ink & Watercolor… Proposed Restoration . Frank Heyling Furness designed this library building for the University of Pennsylvania in 1890. Architect, Robert Rodes McGoodwin added to it in 1931 and the architectural firm of Venturi Rauch Scott Brown, Assoc., performed a restoration to the interior between 1986 and 1991. The proposed catwalk illustrated, was not pursued and the ceiling consequently opened to its full height of three stories. The building was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1985.
Size of Painting: 30" x 40"