Watercolor… Quarryville, Lancaster County. Jackson’s Sawmill Covered Bridge, also known as Eichelberger’s Covered Bridge, this Double Burr Arch Truss was built in 1878 by John Smith and Samuel Stauffer and stretches just shy of 150 feet over the Octoraro Creek on Mt Pleasant Road. In testament as to how well these bridges were constructed, even if not well anchored… Jackson’s Bridge was lifted off it’s piers and flood washed downstream, mostly in one piece in 1985. It was hauled back and reset 3 feet higher than previously. The bridge saw some additional rehabilitation in 2005. With relatively little major cross traffic, this bridge has survived fairly well. It is painted Barn Red with white portals.
Size of Painting: 12" x 16" ... a giclee print is 9x12" on 11x14" paper.
A Giclee Print Is Available Of This Painting: