Watercolor… Florida’s Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse sits at the confluence of the Loxahatchee and Indian Rivers on land taken from the Seminole Nation in 1838. This is another George Meade design, although it was modified during construction by District Engineer, William Raynold. A two-story keeper & assistant’s house was built in 1859 and the 108 foot, brick tower was completed and illuminated using a first-order Fresnel lens in 1860. The Jupiter Lighthouse suffered sabotage and darkness during the Civil War and was not relit again until 1866. The keeper’s house was removed in 1959. Currently the light is managed by the Loxahatchee River Historical Society.
Size of Painting: 12" x 9" ... a giclee print is 12x9" on 14x11" paper.
A Giclee Print Is Available Of This Painting: