Acrylic… Liberty Bell, Col. Thomas Polk’s Overnight Bivouac . Quakertown, Pennsylvania . September 18, 1777 . Acrylic Polymer Mural .
… a mural illustrating the State House (Liberty) Bell, escorted by Col. Thomas Polk’s cavalry of 200 troops, of the 4th Regiment, North Carolina Continental Line, as it arrives from Philadelphia on the Bethlehem Pike, late in the day on September 18, 1777, at the intersection of what is now, Broad and Main Streets in the Borough of Quakertown, Pennsylvania. The small building on the right, now called “Liberty Hall” was built by Abel Roberts in 1772. The inn called the “Sign of the Red Lion Tavern”, built by Walter McCoole in 1747 or 1748, occupies the foreground and is still open for business… and a part of the Thomas residence (demolished 1891), is visible behind it. The Bell and escort continued north, to Northampton Town (Allentown), arriving September 24th, and the Bell was hidden inside Zion’s Reformed United Church of Christ, on Hamilton Street until the end of the war.
An 8″x24″ Giclee print (edition of 100) is available of this painting on 10″ x 26″ watercolor paper for $100.00, plus 6% PA Sales Tax, plus USPS shipping & handling within the continental United States.