Watercolor… Milepost HP 34.5 West Main 1… through Linfield, Pennsylvania. The Dash 9-40CW is a 4,000 hp diesel electric locomotive, built by General Electric, exclusively for the Norfolk Southern Railway between 1996 and September 2004. In late 2013, Norfolk Southern started to upgrade their C40-9Ws into C44-9Ws by increasing the wattage from 3,000 to 3,281 kW… and increasing the horsepower rating to 4,400 hp. The units were upgraded during their 184-day maintenance cycle. As of 2015, all units have been upgraded to 4400 hp and are classified as D9-44CW. #9292 is illustrated westbound on the NS double main through Linfield, PA.
The Railroad Street Bar & Grill was first established in Linfield, in 1850, as the Montgomery House Hotel along Philadelphia and Reading Railroad track running from Phoenixville, through Black Rock Tunnel, across the Schuylkill River and following the Schuylkill River’s north bank through Royersford, Linfield and Sanatoga to Pottstown. At the end of prohibition the Montgomery House became the Linfield Hotel. The community then changed its name to Limerick Bridge and then again to Limerick Station, taking the name that the Reading Railroad had given to the train station, located next to the hotel. The Limerick Train Station was abandoned after 1955 and fell into disrepair. It was purchased by the owner of the Linfield Hotel and demolished in 1985. Presently the village is again known as Linfield and the hotel, now renamed the Railroad Street Bar & Grill in 2006, is a popular railfan and trainspotter location.