Watercolor… the original Point Lookout Lighthouse in St. Mary’s County, Maryland, was built on the Chesapeake Bay, at the entrance to the Potomac River in 1830. In 1862, during the Civil War, the site was expanded and a hospital building was built to care for wounded Union soldiers. In 1863, a second story was added to the building. The same year, captured Confederate wounded were sent to the hospital and the entire site became the Camp Hoffman prison camp, eventually incarcerating 20,000 prisoners. The building was enlarged once again and converted into a duplex in 1927. Now… the Point Lookout Lighthouse is decommissioned and considered “haunted”.
Size of Painting: 9" x 12" ... a giclee print is 9x12" on 11x14" paper.
A Giclee Print Is Available Of This Painting: