Stover Mill

Pen & Ink… the Stover Grist Mill was erected by Henry S. Stover in 1832 on the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware River near the village of Erwinna.
In the mid-Nineteenth Century, water turbines were installed and subsequently connected to newly installed electric generators, which both powered the mill and also provided power to the surrounding area of Tinicum Township. The Stover family continuously operated this mill for 125 years… up until 1955, when John J. Stover, a grandson of Henry Stover, gifted the mill and property to the Tinicum Township Civic Association.
The Stover Mill is listed on the Federal Register of Historic Places.

Size of Painting: 14" x 17"