Watercolor… Dark Hollow Road, Bedminster Township, Bucks County. The original hydro powered mill facility was built by Jacob Stover around 1800 and upgraded and expanded in 1855 by Christian Myers. The Stover – Myers complex continuously milled local grains and sawed lumber, utilizing a water wheel, then a hydro turbine… and finally by steam. By 1930 the lumber and flour operation had become too antiquated to be either efficient or economical and production was reduced to just the milling of feed grains until the mill ceased operations and closed in 1955. Stover Myers Mill was purchased by the County of Bucks in 1967 and incorporated as a County Park. The mill was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Size of Painting: 10" x 16"