Watch Hill Light – RI

Watercolor… Following the demise in 1808, of Watch Hill’s first light, the current Watch Hill Lighthouse was completed and lit in 1856 on a small Rhode Island peninsula poking out into Fishers Island Sound. The 10-foot square, granite block tower stands 45-feet tall, attached to the south corner of a two story, stucco over brick, keeper’s house next to several nearby, ancillary buildings surrounded by a seawall. In 1938 a hurricane wreaked havoc across the peninsula, with surge waves that reached up to and smashed into the lantern room… but did not destroy the tower. Presently the complex is under the management of the Watch Hill Lightkeepers Association.

Size of Painting: 9" x 12" ... a giclee print is 9x12" on 11x14" paper.

A Giclee Print Is Available Of This Painting: