Watercolor… Prince Edward Island along the Northumberland Strait. The West Point Light was turned on at a height of 66 feet above high tide in 1876. It is a square, tapered wooden tower with attached, 2 story, keeper’s house. The tower was erected over a stone cribwork foundation with additional stone fill into the first level of the tower to provide a more stable base in the sandy soil. The tower was painted white with red horizontal banding on 3 sides, then in 1915 the red bands were painted black. In 1963 the light was automated, the keeper’s house and auxiliary structures were removed. In 1983, the West Point Development Corporation, gained control of the site and constructed a representation of the original keeper’s house in 1984, for use as a museum. In 1987 a large addition was built off the north side of the tower, adding a restaurant and rental guest rooms… doubling the size of the complex. West Point Lighthouse is illustrated, viewed from the South, as it appears in October of 2016.
Size of Painting: 9" x 12" ... a giclee print is 9x12" on 11x14" paper.
A Giclee Print Is Available Of This Painting: