James Mann Art Farm. Gallery of pen & ink drawings. Click an image below for a larger view of the original art.
Pen & Ink… the Stover Grist Mill was erected by Henry S. Stover in 1832 on the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware River near the village of Erwinna.In the mid-Nineteenth Century, water turbines were installed and subsequently connected to newly installed electric generators, which both powered the mill and also provided power to the surrounding… Read more »
Penn & Ink… built on the Toihickon Creek along side Dark Hollow Road, Bedminster Township… on the site of John Clymer’s original 1730milling operation. Jacob Stover bought the property in 1784 and built the present mill structure around 1800.
Pen & Ink… built in the early 1800’s and operated by David Sheard into the late 1800’s, located on the Tohickon Creek in East Rockhill Township, Pennsylvania…also known as Clymer’s Mill, after owner/ operator John Clymer… the last man to grind at this facility.
Pen & Ink… the Benfield Mill, in South Perkasie (originally known as Bridgetown), was the last mill to grind flour in the Bucks-Montgomery-Lehigh region. Original water rights to the mill were granted to Benjamin Rosenberger in 1796. A succession of owners preceded the purchase of the mill in 1919, by Claude Benfield. Waterpower was eventually… Read more »
Pen & Ink… Miller John Geisinger bought 90 acres along the Unami Creek and water rights from John Achey in 1786. Ownership and operations at this Milford Township grist mill passed through several hands until 1876, when the Achey Family regained ownership and operated the mill into the early Twentieth Century.
Pen & Ink… located at lock 18… this, the only covered bridge on the Delaware Canal, was built in 1832. This truss type bridge has beenin continuous use since its construction in 1932.
Pen & Ink… the Lake Lenape Park twin suspension bridges, spanning the east branch of the Perkiomen Creek in Perkasie, PA., were built in 1936 – 1937 by the Federal Works Projects Administration (W.P.A.)
Pen & Ink… built in 1873, this covered bridge on Covered Bridge Road, near Thatcher, spans 130 feet to connect Haycockand East Rockhill Townships in Upper Bucks County.
Pen & Ink… Mood’s, town truss, covered bridge was built in 1874 over the East Branch, Perkiomen Creek, near Perkasie. Arsonists burned it to the ground in 2004. A fairly authentic reproduction was erected in 2007.
Pen & Ink… Ahler’s Bridge is one of a pair of two identical stone arch bridges built in 1804 to carry the Old Duhram Road (Old Easton Road) over Nockamixon Creek (Gallows Run).
Pen & Ink… Iron truss bridge, built 1895, spanning the Tohickon Creek between Bedminster and Tinicum Townships in Bucks County.
Pen & Ink… Stover’s Bridge, located in Ralph Stover State Park is an unusual covered bridge. It has no roof, although both of the 8 foot tall, side trusses are covered and capped in the same manner as the more common, full roofed, covered bridge.
Pen & Ink Wash… Trinity Great Swamp United Church of Christ. Located to the west of what is now Spinnerstown, Pennsylvania, on an original land grant of 113 acres by Thomas and William Penn in 1734, as a German Reformed Church… this is the fourth Great Swamp Church, built in 1872… across the road from… Read more »
Pen & Ink Wash… the Franklin School was built in and by Richland Township in 1883 and eventually incorporated into the 3rd Ward of the Quakertown school system. It was extensively modified in 1933, and in 1968, sold and converted into residential apartment housing.
Pen & Ink Wash… the Central School of Quakertown opened in 1880 and was demolished in the 1970’s.
Pen & Ink… on the corner of Main & Cherry Streets in Richlandtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. American Gothic, built approximately 1864.
Pen & Ink… this American Gothic, granite house, was built by Bernard Rafferty in Bedminster Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania in the early 1860’s, just prior to the Civil War.
Pen & Ink… circa 1899 Italianate style house, built by Francis S. Shelly in East Greenville, Montgomery County.
Pen & Ink… built 1873, by Worman Stoneback, this post Civil War residence sits along Juniper Street in Quakertown. Renovations were orchestrated by architect, Oscar Martin in 1922, 1926.
Pen & Ink… as it looked, circa 1910. This old school house still sits along Main Street in Trumbauersville… and has been converted into a residence, with major additions, reconfigured and today is barely recognizable.